Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Parenting 101: Nap Time

Parenting 101? I think I skipped that class!?!

On the road to trying to be the "perfect" parent...ha-ha. I have hit many roadblocks along the way. The past two weeks or so I've been trying to figure out when to put my now 16 month old down for naps. He has been on a wonderful schedule since 6 months old--Napping at 9:30 and 2-2:30. He's now not wanting to nap and when he does nap they are turning into shorter naps. How do I go from two naps to one? Do it cold turkey is what I'm assuming. What fun, I don't think I'm ready for that. Like they say, "ready or not!" I guess the upside is, he could take one long nap.

The next question--When is the ideal time to put him down for one nap? After lunch around 11:30-12? I can image lunch time until he adjusts to the new schedule--grumpy, wanting everything or nothing, and possibly a few moments of trying to throw food, and dogs (2 large dogs) running about attempting to benefit from the misguided temper tantrum. Oh--the insanity, I'll need Calgon after that.

Maybe I'll start next week. I just hope I'm up for the challenge and have enough energy!

No comments:

Post a Comment